Friday 21 February 2014

Priley Riley, Screen prints, 21st February 2014



I first tried screen printing in 2012 and two of these screen prints were exhibited at The Capitol Theatre in West Sussex (photos of this are shown above). My screen prints were also used as a design for t-shirts that were sold to raise money for the Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice. Today I did screen printing again for my second time, but instead of printing a photo (the more common way to screen print, and the way that I used in 2012) I drew a template for the screen and printed this. Although this way produces art that is more abstract, I wanted to try screen printing in a way that I hadn’t done before. Photos of today’s screen prints are shown below and are of the life drawing model that I drew on the 19th of February.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment