Wednesday 26 February 2014

Priley Riley, Collagraph prints, 7th, 24th and 26th of February 2014


To make collagraph prints I drew onto card and added PVA glue to the parts of the drawing that I wanted to print. I then poured carborundum over the glue and left this to dry (I did these stages on the 7th of February 2014). Once dry, I varnished the piece four times. I then produced prints from it on the 24th of February and today using a hydraulic press. I prefer the other printing methods that I have tried to collagraph printing because collagraph prints are not as detailed and they produce prints in just two colours; this combination has made the subject of my prints less recognisable. Because of this, I have included the photo that I worked from below as well as one of my collagraph prints above.


No comments:

Post a Comment