Thursday 15 May 2014

Priley Riley, Ice sculpture, 14th- 15th May 2014





At around 4pm yesterday I put the plastic mould that I made, containing water and a real lamb’s heart, into the freezer. I took the ice sculpture out of the freezer at the same time today, so that it had 24 hours to freeze, and above are photos showing the result. The first three photos were taken as soon as the ice sculpture was taken out of the freezer and plastic mould, and the last photo was taken one and a half hours later to show how it had become whiter/ more opaque with time. I am very happy with how the sculpture turned out- the heart could be seen clearly, I was happy with the amount of detail that it started off with, and the parts that were more opaque almost looked like a skeleton! I am continuing to take regular photos of the ice sculpture to show its deterioration, but my favourite photos were taken prior to 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment