Friday 30 May 2014

Priley Riley, "I only have one...", 30th May 2014



I have been helping to set up the degree show for students in their final year at university this week and as such I have not had time to focus on my own work. Walking home from this today, however, I began thinking about how grateful I am for different things in my life, especially for the things that I only have one of (e.g. one mum) as having only one makes it all the more valuable and special. This thought has inspired me to use one of the sketchbooks that I made to do a project called “I only have one…” where I draw the single things that I am grateful for. I started off with the ink drawing and watercolour painting “I only have one heart” as I am grateful for the one heart keeping me alive and the subject of the heart leads on well from my last work.

No comments:

Post a Comment