Friday 28 March 2014

Priley Riley, Cyanotype, 28th March 2014


I tried cyanotype printing today for the first time. I am slightly disappointed with the outcome as the drawing that I did for it has not printed very clearly in some places, so it looks a bit more abstract than what I would usually aim for. It was still enjoyable learning how to do this type of print and I might give it another try in the future to see if I can get a clearer result from it.
 
As it is now the Easter holidays for 4 weeks, I will not have access to the university’s casting facilities during this period. I will therefore continue with my ice sculpture project using the chest cast after the holidays. During the holidays I will draw onto 2 copper etching plates that I prepared today, and I will make prints from these when I go back. I also intend on painting and drawing over the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment