Monday 3 November 2014

Priley Riley, Face casting, October- November 2014












I had my face cast for the first time last Friday. In preparation for it, I covered my face in baby oil and put my hair into a cap out of the way. My tutor then started applying alginate to my face, shown in the first two photos. Once the alginate had set, a layer of plaster was applied over the alginate to make it stronger (see the 3rd photo). Once the plaster had set, I was able to pull the alginate and plaster layers off in one go. As you may be able to see from the 4th photo, however, the alginate cast you take off curves inwards instead of outwards, so I continued to work on it on Friday by applying plaster to the inside of the alginate cast. Today, as the plaster that I had laid inside had set, I was able to carefully separate the final plaster cast, shown in the final 3 photos, from the alginate one.

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.alginate

    ReplyDelete