Thursday 23 October 2014

Priley Riley, An update on my work on the heart, October 2014













A quick summary of my work over the past few weeks!; I have made 3 A3 size canvases to use for more portrait paintings, modelled a life-size clay heart that I intend on having fired in a kiln (see the top photo), made a plaster cast of a heart using a real lamb’s heart (the 2nd photo shows a stage of me making it, the 3rd shows the final outcome), made a vinyl/ rubber mould from the plaster cast (the 4th photo shows a stage of me making it, the 5th and 6th show the two halves that make up the final mould), and have used the rubber mould to cast 2 hearts in wax (the 7th photo shows the front of one of the wax hearts, the 8th shows the back of the same piece). I have also made a cardboard cut-out of the heart and the word heart combined (see the 9th photo) as well as a few quick pieces in plaster (such as the piece in the final photo, where I carved a drawing of a heart into plaster).  I have been researching the heart using British Heart Foundation resources and am developing science based ideas for my art work as a result of this research. I have also been working on written assignments for my course.


No comments:

Post a Comment