Tuesday 24 May 2016

Priley Riley, Setting up the degree show- day 3, 24th May 2016


Today I focused on displaying my 2D work across two walls. All work has a centre-point of 154cm and is spaced evenly. Work on paper is hung using clear pins and my canvases hang on screws. I also painted the tops of the walls so that the space looks clean and professional when viewed above from the mezzanine. I got round to painting some of the floor (hence why the above photo shows the temporary movement of the plinths and mannequins away from wet paint). Hand casts are in the process of being glued to the dowel rod to keep them sturdy on their plinths.

The attached photo is another little insight into how my degree show space is looking/ progressing. For a better view of the artwork, feel free to come along to the degree show! It’s open to the public from 10am to 5pm from the 4th to 12th of June 2016 at Loughborough University. I will also post photos of the work on here around this time for those that can’t make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment